Tuesday, September 27, 2011

lately

We wanna know what you think our babe is going to be. I've had dreams that it's a boy and last night it was a girl, so I honestly have no idea. Let us know what you think and vote real quick!

So sorry that the posts have been few and far between. I have no excuse since I'm on my computer way too much, but alas, here's an update.

Eric has been working with kids in an after school program and he loves it. He gets to teach skateboarding, badminton, and other fun classes and just hang out and get to know the kids. This is a perfect job for him since he's been interested in working in a school so this gives him great experience to see if he really loves it. He's really smart and any test that we take he'll always do at least 10% better than I do. He's so good to me when I'm sick and throwing up, he'll hold my hair up and gag right along with me, but I really appreciate his support. He's so good with our nephews and niece that we live with and they love him to death. I know he's going to be the perfect dad when our little smurf gets here in March. He still occasionally gets out on his skateboard and rips it up and every once in a while he'll teach our nephew a trick or two. We're in the middle of switching car insurance and I'm glad that Eric is the one that they are using for the good student because as I said before he's super smart.

As for me, I've been sick here and there. I'm in week 16 and thought that the sickness and nausea would go away by now but it still comes. I have some sweet barf stories if you ever want to hear any but I'll spare the details on the blog. Hopefully within the next few weeks I'll start to feel the baby move. Every once and a while I think that I feel it, but then just realize it's normal stomach grumblings. I got a job at the Dry Cleaners that I worked at in High School except this time it's under new management and 100% better. I work three days a week and it's the perfect hours for me. It's not a strenuous job so I have time to get my homework done and even update the blog (as I am now). I love being back here, the work is super easy and it's fun to see people that I know. My belly is growing but I don't think what everyone sees is a baby bump yet, just chub I hid so well before being pushed out for the world to see. I can't wait for the pregnant belly though. Eric is always telling me that he can't wait 'til I get my pre-pregnancy appetite back because right now I am really picky with food. Before I would eat anything that was put in front of me but now even the talk of certain foods (ahem sonic popcorn chicken and pizza--ewww) make me want to create a "pavement pizza at work" (phrase complements of my brother Brad.)

Both of us love trips to Sonic together and feel like we deserve a frequent diner discount or something since we are there so often. Strawberry limeade no ice for him and limeade no ice for me please! We get to drive to school together Tuesdays and Thursdays and love spending that time together. He's the best friend I could ever ask for and he's just the best! We have our big ultrasound where we find out the gender of the baby on the 26th of October, so a month away. Hopefully at our appointment next Monday we'll have time to use the ultrasound and see if we can tell then. Nothing is better than seeing and hearing the little heart beat inside of me. Eric has this habit now of checking to see if I'm crying during emotional (okay, or non-emotional) movies and I realize that I'm turning into my mom trying to hide it from everyone. I cried in the Last Song movie with Hannah Montana and got made fun of for that one. I don't cry often but when I do it's usually at a non-emotional thing.
and because I dislike a post without pictures. Here is us this summer at the Nauvoo Temple.

2 comments:

  1. Girl. Maybe you can name her Ronnie from The Last Song :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody, I'm so excited for you guys! I vote that you're having a boy :) I'm excited to find out so hopefully you can find out soon and not have to wait until your big ultrasound next month. Either way though, at least you get to find out soon! I didn't know you worked at the dry cleaners in high school?! I did too :) Hope you start to feel 100% better soon!

    ReplyDelete