Last Wednesday, Eric took his car in to get the tires rotated so I went with him and picked him up, we ran to the store, and as I was dropping him off, I heard on the radio that they were giving away Jazz tickets. All you had to do was listen for them to repeat a phrase and then type it into their facebook page. This was easy enough for me. So when I got home, I blasted the radio in our room, made sure I had "liked" X96 on their page and listened for the phrase. When she said it, I typed it in on my computer and then for Eric cause I wanted these tickets badly. Eric and I had just joked a day or two before that we wanted to go to a game, but didn't want to sit in the upper bowl since the high altitude and stairs would put me into labor. Well, I didn't win the tickets at noon (turns out I had "liked" the wrong page for both of us.) When I realized my mistake, I liked the right page and was ready to listen for the later phrase. It came and went and I was the first one to type it. It was way exciting and I finally made my husband proud that he married a radio listener (Eric loves his music and isn't so much a fan of commercials and overplayed one hit wonders on the radio. I understand it.) Our tickets were at the very top of the lower bowl. We had a great view of everything but were sad the Jazz couldn't pull the win. It was close, but no cigar. We had so much fun though!
Eric's mom came into town on Friday and his sisters, our sister in law, and his mom went to Time Out for Women on Friday and Saturday. It was a great experience to hear the speakers and their stories and testimonies.
This baby is getting bigger, which means I am getting bigger. We realized today that regular shirts don't fit the greatest anymore and that I should maybe go invest in some tall T's. There are still a couple things that I want, and I need to make a list of things that we need to get done in March so that when the baby comes along, I won't have to remember them. Lastly, I just want to say how grateful I am for the husband that I have. Eric is SUCH a great help to me and doesn't make too much fun of my waddle. Yes, I'm beginning to get the lovely pregnant waddle. I'm also WAY slower than I used to be. Eric used to be the one to ask me to slow down, but now when we walk to church he has to try to walk slow to stay back with me. I am so grateful that he is my husband and that I get to do this parenting thing with him. I know he's going to be such a great dad and already know that the baby loves him so much too. We, the Bittons, are so utterly blessed and I am so grateful for everything we've been given, from others, but especially from our Heavenly Father. We have truly been watched over and blessed and I'm so grateful for that. Here's to 35 days!
Here I am at 35 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment