Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Birthday to Remember

This year, my birthday was perfect. Although I had work and school, Eric and family and friends made me feel really special. One of the funnest things about it was seeing how excited Eric was for the things that he got me, and man, did he spoil me. I got two new pairs of shoes, an awesome water bottle, pez, and a really pretty scarf. He let me open the presents "Hanukkah" style by allowing one present every so often. It was fun this way because I still had presents to open by the end of the night. After I worked Eric and I went to Robintino's with my mom and Brad for dinner. Salad and breadsticks was all I needed to make my birthday dinner complete. And thanks to mom for dinner! After dinner we headed back to my parents and we watched Captain America with my mom. Okay, who am I kidding, my mom watched Captain America and Eric and I passed out on the couch. Being 22 is tiring! ;) I had a really great day and am so grateful for all the Happy Birthday wishes. It's good to know that people are thinking about you and love you.

So birthday aside, I have the greatest husband ever because he dubbed the day after my birthday "Serve Jody Day." Not to say that he didn't serve me on my birthday because he did, even carrying my very girlish backpack to school for me. :) Today he just continued the service and was basically feeding me by the end of the day. He really is such a great person and I am so glad that he asked me to share a book with him that cold January day. The Ocean has changed our lives and I am so grateful that Eric Val Bitton is mine forever. Serve Jody Day has even gone to today (the 10th) and I am loving it. Eric is the BEST!!!

In baby news, the babe is still kicking! :) We can't wait to meet him and see what his personality is like. I already know that he will love the scriptures because when ever Eric and I read out loud at night, the baby does gymnastics inside of me. Ever since we knew we were pregnant I couldn't wait for the baby bump to come. Heck, even before we were pregnant I wanted one. I am proud to say that I am getting a cute (to me) baby bump and that people who I don't know are starting to tell that I am pregnant. We love this little guy so much already and had a mini shopping spree for him last weekend where I couldn't get enough of the baby clothes. Last night I was looking on Amazon for some onesies and found some pretty cute ones. I can't wait til we can begin buying his stroller and car seat and fun things like that. This is SO fun! (Haha Brooke!)

Lastly, (if you even got this far) I have a VERY funny story from work. So this woman brings in her coat and says, "Ugh, I just got this cleaned but have to get it cleaned again because someone had an accident on it." My first thoughts were, "an accident? on your coat?" However, I held my tongue and focused on touching as little of the sweater as I could. Once I got it onto the counter I asked, "And may I get your name." To which she replied, "it's Shardy, S-H-A-R-D-Y!" And yes, she really spelled it out. I had to keep my composure while putting her order in but had a laugh after she left and thought, "no wonder there was an accident."

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha Oh man, I love you Jod! I'm glad you had a great birthday! I cant wait to meet your little guy! That will be "SO FUN!!!" =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA! With a name like Shardy, I really wonder what day would go by without an accident?! That's the best story I've heard in quite some time!!

    ReplyDelete