Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Crafts and A Sleep Talking Husband

     Since we moved from Provo, I have been very weak in the crafting area (which Eric is probably grateful about since it saves money when I don't craft ;).) I don't want to make a huge mess of our room and with school and work I haven't really had the desire to get some crafting on. That changed this weekend when my mom asked me to go with her to Springville to get a pattern for a diaper bag that she wants to make for me (which by the way is going to be SO cute!) I knew that we'd be hitting up more than one fabric shop and decided that I will make stockings for our little family this year. I got some way cute fabrics, and though none of them really match each other, I think they are fun and will be so cute hanging somewhere someday. Here is a picture of them. MAJOR thanks to my mom who helped me figure out the pattern, use her sewing machine, and who ironed for me, all while making a DELICIOUS dinner! 
Although it doesn't look it in the picture, they are all the same size (actually I made Eric's a smidge bigger since he's the dad and mine is a bit smaller than both the others since my fabric was a bit shorter.) None of them are perfect, and have flaws, but I made them and that is what counts. The far left one is the babies-the backside of his is totally upside down, whoops) The middle one is Eric's-his main part of the stocking was supposed to be the trees but they would've been sideways if we did that so we switched the two. And mine is the one on the right-the hanger thing is in the front, not the back and the cuff is an inch smaller than the others, my bad. Hopefully this week I'll get names on mine and Eric's. Baby's will have to wait 'til next year for his name since we aren't completely positive he'll be the name that we like right now. (Eric likes to think so and thinks that we should just name him now so we can add him onto our flight tickets for next summer.)

Secondly, Eric and I have full blown conversations in the night. Usually I am awake enough to remember them, or vice versa, but nonetheless, they are hilarious. I wish that we had an iPhone just so we could have the app that records when activated by voice, that way we'd better remember what was said. The other night was one of my top ten sleep conversations with him.
It all started when Eric tried to grab my arm in the middle of the night and I don't like to be touched when I sleep.
Eric: (grabs arm)
Me: NOO!!
Eric: (lets go) At least I'm nice to you. Unlike Saddam Hussein.
Uh okay, my husband dreams of dead terrorists! :)

Lastly, can't forget the baby news. I am still feeling great considering there is a baby growing inside of me. I am having a harder time getting up once I am sitting down, usually on the floor, but with motivation and sometimes Eric's helop, I can. The baby is so active. We think he is going to be a wild one. Along with being able to feel him, he's big enough now that I've actually seen my stomach move a couple of times when he punches me. I love feeling him though. He is training me well in that he's up kicking and moving around most of the night. He's very active whenever I am sleeping. Here's a picture from last week, I am now 23 weeks along.

1 comment: