Friday, December 16, 2011

i'm turning into a mom.

You know how when you were little and you asked your mom what was for dinner like 5 hours before dinner and she said "food." That happened a lot at my house and it drove me crazy. I like to eat so when my mom gave me this answer, I was antsy to find out what exactly I'd be putting into my already starving stomach. (No I was not starved as a child, I just really like to eat.) Well, not but 2 seconds ago, I realized that I am turning into a mom when Eric asked me what sounded good. I responded with this ever so broad answer and told him, "food." The only problem is that now he'll suggest some really good things, and I won't want them, so I guess I'll have to learn to work this in my favor, especially since right now, I should be specific as to what I want since I am ultra picky compared to my normal self. This baby is already working his magic to get exactly what he wants.
Another thing that I've been noticing as a "mom" quality lately is when I see people on the street begging for money. Usually at the corner by the mall in Layton and if my light is red, I'll usually cave and give the man a dollar or two. Even if these people are fraudulent and lying on their cardboard, I go through the biggest guilt trip thinking, "Where is their mother?" "I hope they have a family to go home to." I just see people more clearly when I'm pregnant than before and just want everyone to have a happy life. Cliche much?
And because a post without pictures is like a Christmas without presents ;) here are two pictures of the 4 people we are so grateful to in our lives! Our parents.
Eric's mom and dad. We get to see his mom about once a month, and his dad around major holidays and we always have a good time when they are in town. I am so grateful for the son that they raised, he's turning into a dad himself these days. :)

And my parents who live 20 minutes away from us that we love to spend time with as well. This little boy growing in my tummy is going to be their first grandbaby and I'm pretty sure that to say they are excited is an understatment. Baby boy already has about umpteen quilts to choose from made by my mom. 

And one sidenote that has nothing to do with turning into a mom except for being domestic. I've really been wanting some peanut brittle ever since I saw some on Studio 5 the other day. I've searched hi and low in the grocery stores for it, but the closest thing there was was cashew brittle as my sister's Harmons. Nothing wrong with cashews, I just wanted peanuts. I have heard that it's tough to make, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I pulled up the first recipe I could find online and got the ingredients to make it. The first batch was completely burnt because I was too impatient and was cooking it on high, but the second batch actually tastes quite good. I made it at my parents and when I left for that night, I didn't clean up the burnt stuff and just left it on the counter in the pan. Well, I went home before work today to grab something for my mom and saw that there was just a corner left in the pan of the burnt brittle. I hurriedly texted my mom to see what had happened to it and she told me that my dad took it to work and the guys he works with devoured it. That made me happy, but now the mom in me wants to make some more for them so that they know how good it really is. Oh boy, the life I have ahead of me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment