Wednesday, December 21, 2011

the past year

In case you are wondering, it has been exactly one year since this handsome man:
took me:
with him to the Temple so that we could get married for Time and All Eternity:
Quite possibly the greatest day of my life. This past year has gone by so fast and I have never been happier. If the first year truly is the hardest, then Eric and I have this whole marriage thing in the bag. Our life is easy, and it isn't hard to get along with Eric. It also helps that he is able to put up with my whininess at times. But seriously, Eric is the greatest husband I could've ever asked for. He is so kind to me, always making sure that I am happy. Lately he has been offering to sleep on the couch so that I can get my sleep, even though loves to cuddle. (I don't like him to sleep on the couch cause I feel so much safer when he is next to me.) Eric does so good at taking care of me and I am not worried one bit for when our baby comes and he will take care of us. He is going to be a great dad. He is so responsible. Christmas came early for me this year when we realized that I desperately needed two new tires (who knew that my tires were so bad? Not me, I thought they were supposed to look bald like they did.) When we realized my tires were so bad, he let me drive his car to work and didn't allow me to drive my car until the new tires were on. He does so great with my pregnancy whines. I feel like since I've been pregnant that I am a nicer person, but when it comes to certain foods, I am PICKY as can be. I do not like pizza right now at all and this poses a huge problem because it's E's favorite food. He is kind enough to avoid mentioning it when it's possible because he knows how it makes me feel. The times when I am grouchiest is when I am hungry, but don't know what to eat and Eric is so good to continually suggest food until I finally agree to eat when he has thought up after about 15 tries. He also will get me Sonic when I'm in the mood for it as well. (A sonic lemon berry slush with limes added is one of my all time favorite foods right now.) We live with Eric's sister who has 4 kids and I love watching Eric interact with all of them. He knows what each one needs and is so fun with them. It's especially fun to watch him with the new baby and see how great he is with him. Whenever I'm holding the baby sitting next to Eric, he just stares at Eric trying to get his attention. I know it'll be the same with our baby. Eric even pulled out his baby voice the other day so I'm super excited for that. I love when he's able to feel the baby kick. He gets so excited, especially when he tells the baby to kick, and the baby obeys. (Our child is already so obedient and will usually kick if we ask him too.) Eric is always keeping me laughing, no matter if it's things that he says to me late at night, ya know like how "at least I'm nicer than Sadaam Hussein" or if it's something he does, he always knows how to get a smile out of me. The other day we were talking about how the baby can sense the light now and he got all excited and ran to get a flashlight. He shined it on my belly trying to get the baby to react to it, which again, being the obedient baby he is, did. Eric is so supportive in my crafting kicks. Lately I've been on a huge kick to create and he is so fun to help me and put in his two cents. Eric teaches a class at work about art and he is always trying to find fun activities for the kids to do. The other day we were testing one out and it was so exciting for me to see him in his "craft" mode. He's always willing to create with me and one day, when we have our own home, we'll have many Bitton original pieces and some very expensive pieces from his favorite magazine, Dwell. Lately it's come up that both of us sing really loud and awkward when we are in the car alone and it's been fun to do our voices for each other.
Eric is my best friend and I am so glad that he picked me to spend forever with. I know that we are going to have such a fun life together and that things will be easy with him by my side. I am so grateful for the Temple Marriage that we have and the opportunity to have our children sealed to us forever. And to quote my favorite Christmas movie of all time, "I'm in love. I'm in love. And I don't care who knows it." 

No comments:

Post a Comment