The other day when I wasn't feeling too hot, Eric and I ran to Wal-Mart to get some soup and juice. Before we went into the store, we stopped at Red Box to see if there were any movies that we wanted to watch that night. While we were waiting in line to view the movies I saw a man walk in with a brown paper bag full of something with the top rolled down. He then adjusted a wire in his shirt, put the bag in the cart and walked into the store. I didn't want to tell Eric that I thought it was a bomb because I didn't want him to think I was crazy so I just kept it to myself. After we had viewed the movies, we entered the store. As we were about halfway down the food aisles, a creepy voice came over the loudspeaker and said,
"Attention Wal-Mart shoppers, in just two minutes..."
Here, he paused, which gave Eric enough time to say, "this is creepy." If Eric thought it was creepy, there was no way I was continuing walking further into the store. We were holding hands and I whipped him around and started to B-line toward the exit. He had no idea what I was doing and why I suddenly didn't want my soup when the man finished what he was saying,
"...we will be giving away free stainless steel knives to anyone over the age of 21, just go to the flashing lights."
By now I was embarrassed and explaining to Eric why I so urgently turned us around to leave. Eric said that my face was really red, and I could feel that it was. I was terrified. Luckily, we got our soup and some other goodies and were out of the store never knowing what was in the brown paper bag. Needless to say, I'll probably have a hard time going grocery shopping at Wal-Mart at night anymore. I guess it's just not my thing.
Ha ha I laughed out loud at this. You had every right to be creeped! Who knows...maybe the bomb went off after you left...?
ReplyDelete