Thursday, March 1, 2012

the father of my child

As I sit here and watch my baby move inside my tummy, I can't help but wonder what he's going to be like. I hope he is JUST like his dad. This little video is the only thing I have left of all the pictures we used for our wedding video so you'll have to watch it and see how cute Eric was as a child. 
(So I can't figure out how to get the sound and don't want to mess with it anymore because the video works so you may just want to turn on some tunes if you're gonna watch the whole thing. Which I suggest because Eric and I were cute kids!)

When I watch this I wonder these things about our baby boy:
Will his skin be as olive, his hair as blonde, or will he be as cute a fisherman as his dad?
Will he love on his momma, be good at baseball and have the same love for animals as Eric?
Will he love his siblings who come later in life?
Will he be as gangsta' as his dad was, or inherit both our bad eyes and get to wear cute coke bottle glasses like Eric did?
Will he be as hip, or as cute a farmer?
Will he have the same love for skateboarding and snowboarding as his dad?
Will he be as tough? Will he desire a cat like Eric did?
Will he be as daring or as good a fisherman?
Will our little guy follow in his daddy's footsteps and become an Eagle Scout? (I can already answer this one, it'll be a yes, Eric's dad is huge into scouting so there will be no passing on this one.)
Will he get along with his family and enjoy hunting? (Again, the answer to this is already known in the fact that both of our dad's enjoy hunting.)
Will he one day grow crazy long hair like Eric had?
Can he rock at Rockband like his dad? 
Will he desire to serve a mission like Eric and have as good an experience?
Will he inherit the pink eyes his dad gets from being in the sun or his awesome tanned skin?
(Eric's pink eyes)
 These things and SO many more are traits that I hope our baby gets from his dad. I also can't wait to see what his eyes look like and hope they are the deep brown that Eric possesses. 
These are the deep brown eyes I hope he inherits!
I hope he looks just like his dad! (PS this is about 30 minutes before we found out we were pregnant with this little blessing of ours.)
I hope he'll have this cute smile and positive attitude for life Eric has.
I hope that one day he'll also have the desire to marry his best friend in the Temple. Best decision of my life!
Hopefully he won't go this route and have a stinky attitude (no Eric doesn't have stinky attitude in this picture, he's just actin' tough.)

2 comments:

  1. You better believe I watched the whole slide show. I just love you, Jod!! Can't wait to meet Baby Bitton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sat and watched this with sophie and with every picture she said a cute comment like, eric handsome, jody pretty! and then when you were kissing she would say something along the lines of kissing kissing again. and again they are kissing.

    ReplyDelete