It's been three months to the day that our little angel joined our family. Part of me looks at today and thinks, "where did the time go," and the other part of me feels like Grant has been here forever. We are so in love with this baby boy and seriously cannot get enough of him. He has changed so much in the past month and is gaining a sweet personality.
Here are some things about Grant:
-He loves to talk. If you talk to him and give him time to respond, he'll tell you story after story. He loves being talked to.
-Grant loves fans. While we were in Hawaii, we had the fan
-Sometimes he pretends he's looking for something and won't look you in the face. It is the funniest thing ever because he acts like you aren't even there.
-He still smiles in his sleep and occasionally will throw in a laugh. Cutest thing ever.
-Grant is getting so strong and loves to stand up on our legs. He obviously needs help with the balance part, but he loves to stand.
-He is such a social smiler and it makes me so happy when he smiles at me and knows who I am.
-He loves bath time.
-We're still not sure what color eyes he'll have, they change with what he is wearing.
-Same with the hair, sometimes it looks red, and other times a light brown.
-Hes a houdini baby. At night, I'll swaddle him up all nice and tight and by the morning his arms have magically appeared out of the blanket and above his head.
-One time when Grant was a little baby and I was holding him, I realized that my arm was forcing his ear to kind of fold in half. I felt terrible about it because I didn't want it to hurt him, but since then have found his ear doing the same thing. Well, I think that it comforts him now to have his ear folded because I found him the other day sleeping, holding on to his ear and folding it.
-Grant loves to be naked. We went swimming while we were in Hawaii and he didn't really seem to impressed by it. We thought he would love it because he loves the tub, but when we returned back to our hotel room and put him in the tub, he loved it. Something about being free bird.
-You probably wouldn't be able to tell by looking at him, but Grant loves to eat. He is such a good eater and would eat all day if I let him.
-Grant loves the outdoors. While we were in Hawaii he'd fuss and then immediately when we were outside, he'd calm right down.
-As time goes on, Grant's face is rounding more out and isn't staying long like it was for a while. With this round face, he does the cutest Ninja Turtle face ever. He'll suck his bottom lip under his top one and looks just like a Ninja Turtle. Eric was dead on when he called him that.
-A while ago I bought Grant a mirror that goes in the back of the car so that we can see him in our rear view mirror. He loves this thing. When we put him in the car he immediately recognizes it and himself and smiles up a storm. It is the cutest thing.
-When Grant was born, we noticed that he loved to suck him bottom lip in half while he was sleeping. He still does this and it's times when he does that remind me of him as a newborn.
-At my baby showers, Grant got SO many blankets. I'm talking in the 20's. I've always wondered which of these blankets Grant would take to and want for comfort and I've recently noticed that if he has one of the Aiden and Anais (pictured below) in his hand, he'll calm right down.
Okay and lastly, picture overload! Hawaii pictures are mixed in because I'm too lazy to do another post.
Grant staring at the fan
Gangster Grant in his hat from Aunt Christine (sidenote: while we were in Hawaii, my dad texted me and said, "family meeting at 8:30. Call then." It was only about noon when I received this message (which is technically 4 pm Utah time) so I began to wonder what the meeting was for. I texted Christine and asked her but she said she wasn't sure what it was for. This worried me so much, I thought someone had died, Kitty was dead, and other terribly scary things like that. My stomach was in a knot for the next 4 hours wondering what it could be. (I believe this was the first family meeting that my dad had ever called in my life so I planned for the worst.) Low and behold, Christine has surprised us all with the news that she was going on a mission and that she had her call. She's headed to Morristown, NJ on September 19. We are so excited for her but will miss her very much. Grant especially.)
Grant loves daddy
Oh the things that Grandpa lets Grant do!!
"You talkin' to me?" At Grandpa's softball game.
A very serious, tye-dye baby.
Asleep at the luau. Little did we know he had a MAJOR surprise blowout waiting for us.
Eric skimboarding
The luau was quite a ways away from our resort and the Hunts had other kids to worry about getting back so we put Porter in the stroller with Grant and headed on our way. Porter wasn't too sure about it at first but eventually fell asleep. These two boys are gonna be best friends. Also Eric and I already have blackmail on Grant and Porter if they misbehave!
This is where Grant chilled our whole Hawaii trip.
Very happy baby on our tour of the plantation.
Ready to swim.
Relaxing by the pool.
Grant in the jungle.
Eric jumping off a cliff. Although it looks it, he didn't belly flop.
Waterfall on the way to Hana
Cave at blank sand beach.
Cutest baby ever.
Eric and Dallin looking for crabs.
Grant's first time in the ocean.
Ready for hunting.
If you made it this far, I salute you.







Grant is so cute. Time flies. Enjoy every single day (as I can tell you already are!)
ReplyDelete