Tuesday, July 17, 2012

long overdue

This update is long overdue but for journaling purposes I want to get it all down. I'm not sure where I left off last so I'm just going to jump right into what we have pictures for. The baby is sleepin' right now so we'll see how far I can get before he wakes up.
So as all of the pictures below show, Grant has stolen our hearts. We are so in love with this little boy. He is becoming more and more active each day and I am so lucky to be able to stay at home with him. He has the cutest little laugh and is rarely found without a smile (except when the camera comes out, then he gets all shy.) The last update was when he was three months old, but I didn't have the pictures up so here is one for comparing purposes.
Grant at 4 months.
-He wants food so bad. Recently while we've been eating, he'll stare at whatever we are putting into our mouths. He'll follow food all over with his eyes. My sister Christine and I went to pizza while in Provo shopping for her missionary wardrobe and he was sitting on her lap saying, "mmm" while she was eating.
-Luckily for him, the Dr. said that he is big enough to start on rice cereal so we let him have a taste of that yesterday. He was so proud of himself that he got to eat off of a spoon and seemed to like the cereal okay. We'll see how that goes in the coming days.
-Grant loves attention. Being the first child, he knows what he wants and how to get it. He has this fake cough that he does if no one is paying attention to him. He does it when he wants to be picked up or noticed. Smart boy he is.
-He still loves the bath. If it weren't for the sore back that I get letting him play in the tub, I'd let him take baths all the time. He has just one bath toy, we call him Nitro, the Hippo, but he loves to play with him in the tub. He loves getting clean and if nothing else will, usually a bath will calm him down.
-He hasn't rolled over yet, but he is getting stronger at holding himself up while sitting. I credit that to bubo time. We try our best to instill tummy time, but he fusses so much during it that we give in. He's so close though.
-Grant has this stuffed Giraffe that my cousin's gave us for a baby shower and he loves that thing. If he is tired, we can give him Raffie, and usually he'll calm right down. I have the cutest video of him sleep petting Raffie and Raffie surely saves us from a fussy baby.
-The cheeks on this boy are outta control. They are so puffy and squeezable. The other night, Eric and I went with his sister and brother-in-law to the movie "What to Expect When Expecting." It was definitely a funny one, but also made us really miss Grant, who we left with my mom. By the end of the movie it was all we could do to control ourselves and not run to the car. Anyway, there is a line in the movie that is so true. A dad says something like, "when you really love your baby, you know it because they're so cute and you just want to eat them." That's how I feel about Grant's cheeks.
-This boy loves being outside. I feel bad because I don't take him out enough, but he loves the outdoors.
-He's recently found his toes and loves to grab them whenever he gets the chance.
-Grant can entertain himself pretty well and loves to just talk in his crib. It is the cutest thing when he gets going telling a good story. He loves to talk.
-Grant loves his daddy. It is so fun to see him light up when Eric gets home from work. Eric is such a great dad to Grant and I love watching him sneak in and get the baby when he's crying.
We moved into a new apartment at the end of June and are loving it. We loved living with Eric's brother-in-law and sister, but it is so nice to have our own place. Eric and I love to just hang out here and catch up on our latest shows. I am so blessed to have both of these boys in my life and am truly grateful for our eternal family. Being a mom and a wife is what I always wanted to do when I was little and I am so happy I have that opportunity right now.
On to the pictures.
Chubby baby at 3 months.
Loves to have help standing up.
 Flying on mommy's legs.
 Grant also loves these little swaddler blankets. 
 Grant's baby friend Boston. He looks like he could eat him.
 This day, Grant would not fall asleep laying down so I finally sat him up so he could see what was going on and he fell right to sleep.
 Wasn't too happy about this one.
 This was Grant's first 4th of July Kaysville Parade. I wish I had video of Eric throwing water balloons. It was also Eric's first experience at this water parade and he had so much fun throwing balloons and trying to stay hidden. 
 On the 4th of July, Daddy, Uncle Brad, Aunt Kimber, Sam, and Grandpa floated the Weber River. My mom, Christine, Elly, Grant and I "followed" them down in a sense by waiting at points where we could see them. Grant loved being outside and watching the water.
 Just chillin' in his bumbo.
 This is Grant's 2nd time swimming. I think he liked it more this time than in Hawaii because it wasn't as cold this time. We went down to St. George for my cousin's twin's baptism and Kimber's boyfriend Sam let us stay at their condo. This pool is at the condo and Grant loved swimming. Here he is holding onto the umbrella.
 Kicking back trying to catch some rays. (No worries, the umbrella was only removed for a quick second to get this shot without him being shaded.)
 Family picture at the after Baptism carnival.
 Grant and Raffie.
 Sitting up at 4 months. He still needs help balancing a little, but for the most part, he can do it all on his own.
 Holding his sign.
Standing up with mommy. (Cute shoes eh?)
And perfect timing, the babe just woke up and is talking to himself in his crib. So cute.

1 comment:

  1. I love that last pic you posted of you and Grant. So so cute!! Love you, Jod!

    ReplyDelete