Monday, April 11, 2011

one to remember

It was so fun celebrating Eric's birthday. We packed so much into it, I'm surprised we were able to drive home by the end of the day. It started out early in the morning. Earlier than I've ever woken up, that's for sure. I woke up to make him waffles and raspberries. Not the greatest of all breakfast, but they were easy and fast and I could just jump right back into bed with him once they were done. I had to work that morning and he was going snowboarding (thanks for the tickets Brad) so I let him open the rest of his presents then so he wouldn't have to wait all day. All together he got some new swimsuits, a book, new skate shoes from his mom, and a nice orange hunting jacket ;). We were out the door at the same time and then when he came home from snowboarding we had lunch and got ready for the night. Luckily there was a Jazz game that night so we headed down in the rain and snow to meet his family before the game for dinner at Benihanas. We made the decision to park at Gateway and ride Trax to dinner but that was probably a mistake. I made us get off a stop too soon so we started walking to the restaurant. Mind you, it's pouring snow outside. After running halfway around a block, crossing a street, encountering a dead end, going under a scary bridge, soaking our feet in water, we found it! Dinner was delicious, the game was a Jazz game so you know the result there but it was so fun to be with family. Eric has a nephew named Jefferson so he watched the game with us and kept asking if "shefson" (Al Jefferson) was the one scoring all the points. It really was a great day and I'm so glad I got to spend it with the Birthday Boy.

I  let Eric open two presents early since we'd have an early morning the next day and he said I taunted him with them having them there when he got home from work the night before.
Presents
One of four, super cheap from Rue 21
Eric likes to dramatize opening presents, that or he's sick of the camera in his face.
Officially 23. The morning of.
Asian breakfast
Ready to hunt
Go JAZZ!
Waiting for Trax before our wet endeavors downtown
              The birthday banner I made but couldn't hang cause we don't have a hole punch

In other news. I quit my job and my last day is Wednesday. I'm currently on the search for a new job but have been thousands of times less stressed than when I was working. School is almost over and we are excited for the adventures that are looming for our summer activities.
Also looking in the mirror, I realize how long my hair really is. Should I cut it or grow it out with the summer coming? HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment