Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Review

2011 was the greatest year of our married life so far. Also the only year, but truly, it was a great year full of tons of great memories and experiences through out first year of marriage that we will cherish forever.
January
We rang in the New Year from our hotel room in Florida celebrating our honeymoon.

And spent a day at Universal Studios fighting the crowds and getting job offers waiting in line while Eric announces his desperate urge to use the restroom.
 February
We spent a lot of our time watching our favorite shows on Hulu. Trying to find the "money" spots for the shawty internet in our apartment and having fun being newlyweds. Eric got a job at a call center and I continued working at the sweat shop also known as Brick Oven. We struggled in February to eat all our food before it spoiled, a task that we are still going to have to master. Our Valentine's Day we both worked and finally got to see each other around midnight when I was off.
March
I became a super crafter and couldn't stop creating decorations for our new home. 
Reusable wreath for our front door.

 Our eclectic last name.
Also in March, Eric and I had a wonderful Family Night where we drew each other without looking at our pictures. I'd say that we are pretty skilled artists.
 By Eric Val Bitton.
By Jody Nicole Taylor Bitton.
We also pretended like we knew how to ballroom dance in our kitchen, drank way too much grape kool-aid, I finally got my name changed to Jody Nicole Bitton, we struggled figuring out what to eat which resulted in a lot of rice and a lot of tacos.
April
We celebrated this chinese guy's 23 birthday. 
Breakfast in bed for his birthday.
 
Attended a couple of Jazz games.
Also in April: Eric got a case of the black tongue (eating chewable tums before going to sleep.) April was the last month I worked at the Brick Oven. I finally had it and hopefully I'll never have to go back there again. A lot of great memories and friends were made, but too many late nights and stinky dish pits did me in. We finished our first married semester of school.
May
In May we used some of our tax money and finally paid off my car. I was and am so grateful that we were able to do this and not have to worry about paying that debt off any longer. We spent some time at Trafalga racing go-karts and playing miniture golf with my friend Maryn (who I love ever so dearly and miss even more. She was the greatest friend I could've asked for and I definitely needed her through my first year of college. She is also very much alive and kicking and actually throws discus and shot put for UVU.) and her friend Lucky. We shared this conversation: Jody-"Eric you make me so happy." Eric-"and you make me so much food." :) I also got a job at a local pizza place called Nicolitalia. I ran deliveries, did in store orders, and made food. I enjoyed this job and the hours were perfect for summertime. May also began our summer long streak of eating way too many snow cones. At the end of May, we went with Eric's family to San Diego. We went to the beach, went to Lego Land and Sea World. 
Eric and I at Sea World.
We also visited the Mormon Battalion Museum and the U.S.S. Midway (I think that's the name of it.)
Us with a Helicopter atop the Midway.
Also in May we were called to be primary teachers to the 7-8 year old class. We had 3 kids who came and enjoyed getting to know them and their sweet testimonies. Unfortunately we had to say goodbye to them when we began our July adventures. 
June
In June my sister moved in with us. We had a fun time watching more Hulu with her. We tried new local restaurants. Went to Seven Peaks once or twice. 
 
 Eating at Los 3 Amigos.
Free Owlz games with our Pass of All Passes made for great date nights, with Christine :)
Also in June, unbeknownst to us, a little guy was created inside of me.
July
Most of our July was spent in a car traveling the country. We spent time at Eric's dad's ranch in South Dakota. Before heading to the ranch we were able to tour around Rapid City, SD. We saw so many things. Bear World. Jewel Cave. Mountain Rushmore. Crazy Horse. Cosmo's Mystery Area.
At Mt. Rushmore on the 4th of July. 
At the ranch we painted fences, rode atvs, spotted pheasants, shot guns, mowed and then remowed lawns, visited Lemonn, SD, ate lots of food, met some true (all due respect) hicks, sneezed a bunch, enjoyed electric lightning storms, and many more.
At the largest petrified wood forest in Lemonn, SD.
After the ranch we made our way to Naperville, IL to spend some more time with the family.
At Eric's favorite orange juice restaurant, Butterfields.
Eric got glasses. And might I say looks mighty handsome in them.
Sand dunes in Michigan. We hiked up the dunes, watched Jefferson tumble down the mountain, and hiked to find some cool mud pits, and decorated our selves with mud before coming back to the water and having to brave the cold to clean ourselves off. Ben and Eric also skimboarded a bit on the waves.
Our last stop in the trip East was to Nauvoo. We saw the pageant, sweated off a bunch of weight, and got to do a session in the Nauvoo Temple. It was very cool to be able to do that after visiting it when I was 12.
Although July was packed with a lot of fun and traveling and family, the greatest thing that happened in July was that we found out that we were pregnant. We kept it a secret, although I'm sure that my moodiness and tiredness proved I was pregnant. I became a picky eater in July and despised the word mannequin.
At the end of July, my brother needed some extra men to play on his softball team so Eric stepped in and did a mighty good job if I do say so myself. 
Eric up to bat.
August
In August we were finally able to hear our baby's heartbeat and see his little gummy bear body. We finally moved all of our stuff up here from our apartment and got all settled in to our room in Mr. Hunt, my brother in law's, house. I also barfed a lot.
Havin' a baby.
We also began our first semester at Weber. 
I got and quit two jobs within the first days of work. Never before was I this unmotivated to work, however, I now know why I didn't work those jobs, because my current job is a huge blessing to me as a pregnant lady.
September
I continued to barf a lot and Eric got a job at the Davis School District. We love his job and the hours are even better. In September, I finally settled down with a job and began working at the Dry Cleaners.The first trimester turned me into a lazy Jody. We finally announced to the world that Baby Bitton is coming to join us in March. School and work took up most of our month.
October
We found out in October that our baby is a boy. We were beyond excited to know this and love him so much already. Eric claims that he felt him before this day, but October 23 was the first day I recognized that the feeling in my stomach was the baby and not just gas bubbles. We watched conference and reenacted our engagement for a class at school. We got a new nephew, who is cute as ever, and got even more excited to welcome our boy come March. Hopefully they'll be the best of friends. This new baby in our house has given us the opportunity to learn a lot about newborns. 
November
We both received beautiful blessings in November to help us get through a scary experience with the baby. Everything is perfect now but if I had to choose, I'd say that November was the month that we grew exponentially as a couple. I had my 22 birthday and Eric spoiled me. I fell in love with maternity jeans and our baby began his belly photo debut. 
23 weeks pregnant.
November the baby became really active. We loved sitting around talking to baby and trying to get him to listen to us and "kick."
Our Thanksgiving was so much fun. We ate good food and played so many fun games with cousins who were in town from BYU and BYU-I. I dont' think I've seen Eric laugh as hard as I did that night.
Also in November we gave talks on Thanksgiving and really grew to appreciate all that we have. 
December
In December we finished our semester at Weber, but not before getting caught in the windiest day of my life. Eric and I were walking to school through the crazy wind and I literally thought the stress and loss of breath was going to send me into early labor. Luckily I've really had close to no problems throughout this whole pregnancy so far.
I'm not sure if this is early or late on the pregnancy scale, but I definitely hit the nesting stage in December and all I wanted to do was craft. 
 
I made a Christmas wreath for our door.
And a pillow cover for my body pillow.
We had a wonderful Christmas with both of our families. We both got Honors at school, however Eric beat me! Eric went snowboarding with family and we had a great Christmas.
Eric and I got callings, me to achievement days, and him to the primary.
We celebrated our first year of marriage at the Anniversary Inn relaxing and enjoying our time alone. We ate at the restaurant we ate at on our "1st" honeymoon and they spoiled us this year just like they did last year. I Love Eric.

This year was so perfect and so much fun. I am so grateful that Eric is my eternal companion and that I get to share all of my memories with him. We are so excited for 2012 and the things that come with it, mainly our little baby boy. We love you and are so grateful for the examples that we have in our lives.
(And wow, if you read this whole thing. Let me know and I'll like send you a candy bar or something for taking up all your time.) :) Best wishes for 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment