So, as promised, here are pictures of what I've made recently and our stroller/car seat combo!
Carseat canopy. I'm pretty sure I wanted to just use this as a blanket, I think it's so cute! It's minky on the inside and so soft. (Minky tip: if you're purchasing minky any time soon, go online and get Hobby Lobby's 40% off coupon and use that. It saves a TON on that expensive stuff.) You can also see the design that is on our carseat from this picture. Does the top fabric look too girly? Eric and I don't think so cause as he says, "it looks Lamaniteish." But when we were at the store purchasing it, I said to E, "Is it too girly?" and he said, "No," but the lady cutting it for us said, "But it is for a girl right?" Let us know.
Stroller/travel system my parents got for the little guy (and us of course.) I can't tell you how excited I was to finally have this. When we got it my mom wanted to see the design so I took the carseat in my car over to my parents and Eric made fun of me cause I seatbelted it in and my dad asked, "Did you want to put a baby in there to pretend?" Having this and the baby still in my tummy just makes me feel like I'm just playing a really awesome game of house.
Here is another picture of the awesome crib that Eric's parents got us. This time it has the skirt I made for it. Although it doesn't look like it in the picture, they are the same color, just a different pattern on each (a smaller one on the bottom which makes it look solid.) Now all we need is a baby to put in it and we're settled! :)
Pregnancy: we are now at 32 weeks in the pregnancy and besides feeling exhausted easier again, I really feel great. My sister Kimber said I'm starting to walk like a pregnant woman, but it's hard to walk normally with a basketball strapped to my belly. At our last appointment, the Dr. mentioned that if we don't feel him at least 5 times an hour then the get to the hospital or his office. I think this made us really nervous, but little buddy has been such a good mover lately. He enjoys rolling around at almost all times and likes to kick his dad when we snuggle. It's so crazy to think that in just 8 short weeks this baby will be here with us and we'll be parents. We're soaking up all the alone time we can and are enjoying the company of each other so much. Eric is so perfect and is going to be the best dad. He has already set limits as to what I can and can't do being pregnant, like I can't take out the trash to the can cause it's icy (easy for me to do.) He is great at taking care of me and the baby already and making sure I'm always comfortable and well fed.
Oh my. Little miss crafty. I LOVE the car seat cover. I think it totally looks boyish, especially once you get a little man sitting in there! I can't wait! I'm so excited to see what a mini Jod looks like!! ;)
ReplyDelete