It's already been six, almost seven weeks since this little baby joined our family and we love him so much. He is the sweetest, handsomest, cutest, funnest little baby I know. I love being his mom and love that I get to spend so much time with him. It's been so fun for us to get to spend so much time with Eric too since he's in between semesters. This little guy is growing up so fast. His newborn clothes are long since put away and I feel that we'll be transitioning into size 2 diapers before we know it. We took him to the doctor when he was 5 and a half weeks and he was already 11lbs. 4oz. Gaining weight like crazy. He's a great sleeper, great eater, and even better pooper. We're working on that one though (only kidding, I know pooping is healthy for him.) And moving on. I love everything about this boy. From his rolls on his legs, the kick he does at the end of some of his yawns, his sneezes, the smiles that say "I love you mom and dad," and his little coos he makes while sleeping. He definitely makes being a parent easy. Grant loves the tub and enjoys being in the water. He loves the sound of running water and is content to sit in his swing as long as the shower is on. Along with that he loves to be in as little clothes as possible which I think will amount to chasing a naked toddler around a lot. Grant loves the outdoors. If he is tired or fussy and we take him outside, he almost immediately calms down. He loves stroller rides. His neck is getting so strong and we are working on sitting up (I know that's a long ways away, but I love his little face when he's sitting up thinking he is so strong.) We heard his hurt cry the first time the other day and that is something that I don't enjoy. This little guy definitely has our hearts and we are wrapped around his little untrimmed sharp fingernailed fingers. Now for the good stuff.
In his first 0-3 outfit from Aunt Christine. We love all things dinosaur.
Our little binky boy. I prayed and prayed for a baby who loves a binky and I got one. He definitely sucks for comfort a lot and the binky soothes him. (I prayed for a binky baby because we have known since even before we were pregnant that we'd be going to Hawaii in June. I'm terrified to travel with him, but feel that if he at least has the sucking of a binky down that we'll be okay.)
"Yay, I'm one month old!"
Sleeping with grandpa
Watching over daddy as he sleeps.
This is an ever so famous poo face. He grunts and gets so red. Poor little guy.
Grant with Grandma Anne. Isn't his grandpa/Cosby sweater to die for?
So cute on his tummy. So funny story about this. My mom put him to sleep and then put him on his tummy next to my dad while we got to work on dinner. My dad was there the whole time, but Eric and I, being the new parents that we are freaked out about it (in a joking way, knowing that he'd be fine since my dad was right there watching him) but we didn't want him to get too comfy and used to sleeping on his tummy since it's so dangerous. Well after we had talked about it, the news had a story on school for Grandparents where they can go and learn how to take care of a newborn since things have changed. It was funny and ironic that the show came on while we were discussing this.
Grant loves Aunt Kimber. Just relaxin' in her legs.
My big bumbo boy! Love his FACE!
Relaxing on the blanket at the park with me.
I love this boy!
All ready for his stroller ride home.
Tummy time.
No comments:
Post a Comment