Sunday, September 16, 2012

half a year

It's kinda cray to look back at the past six months of my life and realize how much my baby has grown. He no longer is a tiny helpless newborn who just needs to eat, sleep, and have an occasional diaper change. My little baby who once threw his hands up in the air when he was startled is using those same hands to play with toys. The baby who hated tummy time is now so close to crawling. My child who was light as a feather now requires two hands when being held. I can't believe how fast these six months have gone and how much Grant has grown, but I can believe how much I love this little turkey.

Here are the 6 month pictures I attempted to get. Now that he's mobile, this is virtually impossible to get him to pose with the label. Oh well, he's pretty darn cute!



Done with pictures, just showing me the sign.
Grant is so much fun right now. He laughs at Eric and I constantly and is always quick to smile when he wakes up in the morning. We've started giving him some food besides the rice cereal and we haven't really had anything that he doesn't like. He is such a good eater, and like I've said before, would eat 24/7 if I let him. When Grant is tired, he is a momma's boy and doesn't like it when I leave the room, but when he is happy and awake, he loves to play with his daddy. (Not to say he doesn't love snuggling with his daddy when he's tired, he just usually wants food when he's tired.) I'm almost positive that Grant knows how to wave. He's shy about it so he only usually does it to Eric or I, but he can. Grant loves to be outside, he loves sitting right on the grass and pulling it. The other day, my mom, Eric, and I were canning salsa and Grant was on a blanket on the grass. When I looked over at him, he had moved the blanket so he could reach the grass and had a huge handful headed straight to his mouth. He is still a huge flirt and loves to impress anyone that he comes in contact with. Grant is so close to crawling, it's scary. He can get to where he is going though by steamrolling his way around. Grant and I just started babysitting my niece during the weekdays and the other day I had her laying on the ground and Grant was playing with his toys. Next thing I knew, I looked up and he was right next to her. He rolls all over the place but will still only roll from his tummy to his back on his right side and from back to tummy on his left side. He's funny like that. He has also sort of began to pull himself up on things. He isn't strong enough to stand up just yet, but he loves to pull himself up on mommy's leg or on the diaper box that we let him play with. Grant is easily entertained but really doesn't like to be left alone. He is the sweetest little guy I know and I am grateful every day that Eric and I were blessed with this sweet little angel.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word. How cute is he?! :)
    Love those little striped pants.
    6 months really is a good age! So fun

    ReplyDelete