Thursday, October 25, 2012

7 months

I know this is beyond late, but as the saying goes, "better late than never." So here is some info, but more importantly, pictures of the cutest baby in the whole entire world! At three days shy of seven months, Grant decided that he wanted to crawl. His ball got away from him and he finally figured out that he can go and get it. His first crawls were short ones, but he has since caught on and is everywhere. He loves to pull himself up onto all of the furniture and drums like you wouldn't believe. He is constantly making music whether he is banging his favorite toys (measuring cups) on our kitchen floor or his hands on the TV stand, he loves to be loud. Grant loves it when mommy sings to him. This little boy is still continuously eating. He loves any type of food but is still getting used to the puffs or meltaways that we give him. Ever since he started crawling, he has become a master roller and I realized that the cowboys who do the calf wrestling in rodeos must've changed a lot of diapers because when I am changing Grant's diaper, I feel like I would do really well in rodeos. Grant loves all of his cousins and can't get enough of his grandmas and grandpas. He recently found the doorstop in the bathroom and loves to play with that to make noise. We started trying to sleep train him around 6 months and since then, he hasn't really taken his binky anymore. Instead, he likes to shove Raffie's horns into his mouth to calm him. We think he is teething right now, but it also could just be a nasty cold. When he wants to, Grant will wave and it is the cutest thing ever. We were at the grocery store the other day and I saw this young boy waving at Grant. I thought that was kinda silly until I turned around and saw Grant waving back. Too smart this little boy is. If we'd let him, he would spend everyday outside. Ever since Grant first sat on grass, he loves to pull it. I have noticed that he is really intuitive before putting something in his mouth so I think that he is a thinker. Grant is the light of our life and we cannot get enough of his hugs and kisses.


 Playing with cousin Porter. Grant is a beast, Porter is 5 months older than him.
Sometimes, when we put him down for naps, instead of crying, he is silent then we hear him in there talking and playing. This particular day we walked into this and knew that our lives were over since he can now pull himself up on basically anything.
Instead of Raffie's horns during this nap, he decided to suck on the blanket.
We've had a lot of blow outs this month which result in the baby getting to take a bath. I think he blows out on purpose because he loves the tub so much!
This picture kills me. I asked Eric to take a picture of me with Grant since I am usually the one taking the pictures and Grant was smiling at daddy until he finally took it and then he photobombed with a juicy kiss.
Happy boy in his cute alligator shoes! 
Playing with the doorstop in the bathroom.
I love this round face more than words can say!
So big, pounding on the table.


2 comments:

  1. Jod he is so stinkin cute I can't even handle it!! and you totally make me laugh! "We knew that our lives were over..." and the calf roping at the rodeo, so funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I can only ever get to your blog if you post it on fb. So I just got caught up on all your posts. SO CUTE, Jod! You seriously have one of the cutest babies I've ever seen. I love him so much and he makes me want one of my own so bad. Aaaand you're an amazing mom, and I hope that when I'm a mom I'm just like you! I love you, Jod!! PS... I love the naked bum pic with you two by the tub. ha ha adorable!

    ReplyDelete